The Church of the Nazarene was officially established in Barbados on August 26, 1926, with six churches at Black Rock, Bank Hall, Collymore Rock, Baylands, Chapel Gap and Carrington Village. From these modest beginnings, the denomination expanded across the island, reaching major milestones including the opening of its Eagle Hall headquarters and the appointment of its first Barbadian superintendent. On August 26, 2026, the Church of the Nazarene marks 100 years in Barbados, celebrating a century of faith, service and growth.
The Carnegie Library was opened on Coleridge Street
September 30th 1904, Joseph Nathaniel Walcott was the underweight champion and fought in 1904.
On April 1, 1970, a regional workshop on the linguistic foundations of teaching English in the Caribbean began at Erdiston Teachers’ College in Barbados....